Resident update - Saturday 21 August
Dear residents and family members.
As I’m sure you’re already aware, the COVID-19 lockdown in regional Victoria will lift from 11.59pm today.
The key changes to restrictions you need to be aware of are:
• The five reasons to leave home will be lifted.
• There will be no limit on how far you can travel from your home, but you will not be allowed to enter metropolitan Melbourne.
• You are still not allowed to have visitors in your home unless they are an intimate partner or part of a single bubble arrangement.
• Public gatherings will be permitted for up to 10 people.
• Restaurants and cafes can open for seated services with patron caps of 20 people outdoors and 10 indoors.
• Masks are still mandatory outdoors and indoors, except in your home.
• Funerals will be permitted for up to 20 people and weddings will be permitted for up to 10 people.
• The changes to restrictions will not apply to Greater Shepparton.
As you may have seen in the news (read more here), we recently introduced rapid antigen testing for visitors and contractors at all our villages with aged care centres, which now includes Charles Brownlow.
This testing will continue for visitors and contractors to Charles Brownlow’s village centre as this is a shared facility, which poses a higher risk of COVID-19 transmission.
Visitors to villas at Charles Brownlow or Deborah Cheetham will not need to undergo rapid antigen testing.
With Victoria’s vaccination rate expected to reach the key threshold of 70 percent of eligible people having received at least one dose sometime in the next couple of weeks, we expect a further easing of restrictions before the end of the month.
As always, we’ll keep you updated on what any changes mean for life in your village community.
Victorian Operations Manager
We know you’ve probably seen this before, but a reminder that the symptoms to watch out for include:
• a cough
• a high temperature (at least 37.5˚C)
• shortness of breath
• a sore throat
• sneezing and runny nose
• temporary loss of smell
For queries contact 1800 288 299 or email email@example.com