Resident and family update - Friday 26 February
Today, Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews announced an easing of the COVID-19 restrictions which came into force following the five-day lock down earlier this month.
The changes come into effect from 11.59pm today.
This has allowed us to lift some of the safety measures we put in place at our retirement villages.
The key things you need to know are:
- All amenities at the villages are open and have a density limits of 1 person per 2 square metres, except for the pool and gym which have a density limit of 1 person per 4 square metres. We will post signs by entry doors to let you know the maximum number of people that can be in a space.
- There are now no limits on visits to our care centres, though masks must still be worn. Outings for care residents will recommence without the need to quarantine upon return.
- People are allowed up to 30 people in their home.
- Everyone visiting our villages is still required to go through our COVID-19 screening at reception.
When you leave home, you must have a mask with you, and it’s recommended you wear it whenever you’re unable to keep a safe distance (1.5m) from other people.
Masks are mandatory in supermarkets and shopping centres, and when using public transport, taxis or ride share services.
Public gatherings of up to 100 people from any number of households are allowed, and there are no limits at hospitality venues apart from the 1 person per 2 square metres density requirement.
We’re really pleased to be able to open parts of our villages back up for everyone to enjoy, and hopefully we can look forward to even greater freedoms as COVID-19 vaccines are rolled out across the country.
Thanks for all your understanding and support.
Victorian Operations Manager
We know you’ve probably seen this before, but a reminder that the symptoms to watch out for include:
• a cough
• a high temperature (at least 37.5˚C)
• shortness of breath
• a sore throat
• sneezing and runny nose
• temporary loss of smell
For queries contact 1800 288 299 or email email@example.com