Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
We want to make sure our villages are safe havens for our residents.
New restrictions - COVID-19 update - 2 August
As I’m sure most of you are already aware, the Premier today announced a raft of new, much tougher restrictions to help fight the spread of COVID-19 in Victoria.
The key changes coming into effect from 6pm today, and lasting for six weeks, are:
- A state of disaster has been declared in Victoria and Metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire move to a Stage 4 lockdown
- Stronger stay-at-home restrictions are in place.
- You can leave home if you are giving or getting care
- Are working for an essential service
- Shopping – but only one person from a home can shop and it must be within 5km of home.
- Can go out for 1 hour of exercise per day within 5km of your home (maximum of two people)
- An 8pm to 5am daily curfew is in force – no one should be outside during these hours or fines of $1652 to $10,000 apply.
- Kindergarten and childcare close, with exceptions for healthcare workers or the vulnerable.
- All students move to remote learning from Wednesday, with some exceptions for children of essential workers.
Tomorrow, the Premier will announce new restrictions for businesses. He has stressed, though, that food and grocery stores, petrol stations and other essential services will remain open.
Remember, your village team is here to help you with whatever you need so there is no need for you to leave the safety of the village. If there’s anything we can do to help, please don’t hesitate to ask by contacting reception.
While we certainly wish the new measures announced today weren’t necessary, we fully support the steps the Government is taking.
We’ll keep you updated on how the new restrictions might impact life at the village, but I just wanted to make sure you were aware of today’s developments.
They underscore the seriousness of the situation in Victoria, but they don’t change the key goal we’ve had from day one: ensuring the village is a safe haven for residents and staff.